Trail Pittsburgh is asking you for help to help the stewards at Alameda. Our target is to raise $1,200, that will be spent on the following 2018 priorities at one of the fastest growing parks for trail runners, hikers, and mountain bikers. Alameda in Butler PA. We have the volunteers in place that are ready to work. We need is your donation to fund supplies to make this an attraction for people all over Western PA.
* Creating, printing, and distributing trail maps into our current trailhead kiosks
* Creating and installing roughly 100 trail marker signs
* Buying materials to address drainage issues on current near-future trails
* Drainage pipe, stone, and gravel
* Wood and concrete for bridges
$1,200 goes fast and our amazing volunteers have a plan for how to put your money to the best use to create the newest single track trail system in the region.
If we have more funds raised over our goal we will be doing even more. 15 miles of trail over the next few years is our ultimate goal for this project with approximately 6+ miles of trail at Alameda that are ready to ride today.
Why We’re Doing It
Alameda is the fastest growing park in the region with 6 miles of new singletrack (up from 4 miles in 2017) and more miles planned for this year. In all we have 15 miles planned once the project is complete.