- Located in the City of Pittsburgh
- 287 acres
- Wooded park with steep hillsides
- Managed by the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy (PPC)
Located on Pittsburgh’s North Side, Riverview Park was created in 1894 in what was then the City of Allegheny. The 287-acre park, managed by the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy (PPC), features a network of trails throughout its dense woodlands and steep hillsides. It is also home to the landmark Allegheny Observatory, a swimming pool, the 2-mile Riverview Loop and the Chapel Shelter, a historic picnic shelter that was once a Presbyterian Church. Plans for the park include restoring the historic Watson’s Cabin and renaturalization of Snyder’s Point.